Wednesday 6 January 2021

Lockdown (again)


Souter Lighthouse
(from South Shields Pier)


Winter Heliotrope
(Marine Park)


Smew
(Showing Well?)

So it is back to lockdown. My two walks from home are Widdrington Moor and East Chevington (via Druridge Pools).

In March I also combined them with some litter picking and just to make me feel a right mug, I see the same old(young) culprits have continued their anti-social behaviour. The place is once again littered with cans, bottles and food wrappers.

I think my dismay with a large proportion of the population is the main reason for not using social media. I know I've become a real life 'Victor Meldrew' ... I really can't believe it.



Thank goodness for wildlife. Today I had an exceptional day and walked from home to Druridge, along to Chevington and back. The path to Druridge are wet and muddy, so a good day to test my neoprene socks. Excellent!

The birds were amazing. Highlights Water Rails, Meadow Pipit, Skylarks, Mediterranean Gulls, Buzzard, Twite, Siskins, Stonechats (12+), Fieldfares and Redwings.


Oh, and it was nice to see the Shorelark (Shore Lark?) was still hanging around.


Work at Chevington started this week and the newly widened ditch has already attracted the local Kingfisher. 


My bird of the day was this super,
 Reed Bunting.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment