Monday 8 August 2016

Beware ... Lots more flowers


As you will notice my recent posts have taken a 'Botanical' slant to them. The Birding has been very exciting (with wader passage and some cracking raptors) and is still my priority early morning but the I've relaxed into a casual look at the Flora. The more I look the less I know! Always good, even with birding I 'mis ID'd ' a Teal for a Mallard the other day because I was too casual.

Apologies to proper botanists as I'm just starting (or re-starting).



Cow Parsley
Anthriscus sylvestris
(In some cases I've put pairs of photos to include the leaf shapes as well.)



Think this might be Prickly Restharrow
Ononis spinosa



Hayrattle
Rhinanthus minor
(may be ssp stenophyllus)


Forget-me-not
Myosotis arvensis



Knapweed



Centaury


Centaury



Small-flowered Cranesbill
Geranum pusilum



Marsh Willowherb
Epilobium palustre





Forget-me-not sp?



Yeah! Birds
I thought the Oycs had lost a chick but happily both were present on Sunday!


Bindweed
(Common/Hedge)
Calystegia sepium



Lesser (Field) Bindweed
Convolvulus arvensis





Sneezewort
Achilea ptarmica




Hedgehog


Autumn Gentian
Great plant, if you google this you find a squat purple, typical Gentian. However our sub species septentrionalis is rather different.


Finally
Sea Mayweed (Chamomile)
Scentless Mayweed (Chamomile)

my guess
Tripleurospermum maritima (ssp inodorum)




No comments:

Post a Comment