Wednesday 31 August 2016

Catching Up 1


Lesser Bindweed
(Convolvulus arvensis)



White Dead-nettle
(Lamium album)



Yumm ..


Odd?


Over Alnmouth


This might be a garden plant?
or maybe
Purple Toadflax
(one to investigate)



Valerian
(Valerana officinalis)



Great White Egret


Whinchat

Whilst entertaining and doing touristy things all over the Bank Holiday I kept an eye on the birding world via internet news. To my relief I didn't miss much.


Willow Warbler and a tasty Spider  ... yum!

When I was working this was the worst time. Hints of migration (like today and the numerous Pipits, Wheatears and House Martins on the move) but the rare stuff confined to the North and South of the country. Then soon as I was back to work the deluge of rare and semi-rare would start. Now ... no work and I'm ready ... bring it on!





Bur-reed sp?

No comments:

Post a Comment