Sunday 5 June 2016

Still a Chance


Broad-billed Sandpiper
(Check birdguides for some much better photos by FG)


I was delighted to get a text from AC alerting me to the B-b S. Found by a visitor to the area, thanks whoever your are! The last one I saw was at East Chevington, when the South pool was an attractive site for waders.


Common Terns


Birders in Northumberland will now start to turn their interests to butterflies and Dragons. However, there is still time for some surprising bird finds.


With builders/plumbers creating my new bathroom, I still managed a little birding last week and there was plenty to hold the interest. Displaying Ruff, GWE still in the bay and thanks to MW my first Arctic Tern.



Plenty of Activity in the reedbed.

Still no Cuckoo or Greenshank for the patch. Might catch-up on some inland birds if I can tear myself away from the painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment