Thursday 30 June 2016

Sorry!


Lots of Ringlet butterflies have appeared over the last week.

Well it is that time of year. Birders become more interested in Bugs and start trying Arty Farty photos  ... sorry.


I've posted this flower before. One of my favourites ... Grass Vetchling (Lathyrus nissolia)




Common Spotted Orchids


Common Blue


Nemophora degeerella

Longhorn Moth
I used to think these were quite rare but I found some at Fontburn Reservoir this year. These photos were taken at Druridge.



Sedge Warbler

Lots of warblers singing again. Advertising the start of their second brood perhaps. Good time to see Grasshopper Warblers if you missed them when they first arrived.


Common Blue
(underwing)


I warned you!





Went out yesterday in search of Dragons ... failed to find the ponds!

Today I tried Ashington Community Wood. I found Large Red Damselflies (Pyrrhosoma nymphula) female typica?



... also Four-spotted Chaser
(Libellula quadriaculata)



Think this is
Volucella pellucens


Speckled Wood


Pond Skater
Gerris lacustris


Hopefully someone will contact me on twitter if I'm wrong.
@EliottatChev


Oh ... by he way, the birding hasn't stopped. Sitting in the hide at Druridge this morning (6am) I heard the distinctive call 'wet my lips' of QUAIL. A good start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment