Monday 4 May 2015

Bank Holiday Weekend


Friday 1st May

Took my Mum to Dalby Forest to enjoy the first day of the Tour of Yorkshire


Not quite as good as the French version but a great day was had.




They let me do the route in my spare car?



These photos are in reverse time order.
The Whinchat (above) and Harriers (below) were taken on Monday 4th May.

The Whinchat was a nice surprise amongst 8 newly arrived Wheatears.


Not sure what he prey was but this food pass was really interesting although distant.


Finally this Black Redstart (Sunday 3rd May) created little interest as we saw many last Autumn and one overwintered at Newbiggin.

I was delighted to find it as the weather conditions promised a good fall of migrants and this spurred me on to check every possible location on my patch, once the rain eased. An increase in Whitethroats was obvious and even this morning 12+ were seen at Newbiggin. Swifts were seen and still not many Reed Warblers. Hopefully more birds are on the move today and tomorrow's rain might make something a little rare drop into the bay.
Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment