Wednesday 30 September 2020

End of the Month


Well September is all but over. Plenty of bird movement still but the Mega is eluding me.

This week it was a Redpoll joining the Goldfinch flock (last week Siskin).

Skylarks on the move along with Meadow Pipits still (Where are they all coming from?) and Grey Wagtails.




Greenshank

Several flocks of Barnacle Geese heading West and big numbers of Pink-footed Geese at Cresswell and Widdrington Moor.



Robins and Blackbirds becoming more noticeable.


This wing barred bird with the Crossbill had me going for a second or two until I  realised it was a Chaffinch.

Well what will October bring? Don't think I'll catch up with anything next week so I hope the excitement stays on hold until the second half of the month.

(By the way the lack of Twitter and RBA has made me realise how much I used to look at my phone ...)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment