Wednesday 7 October 2020

Migrant Madness (Missed)


Garden Warbler

What a brilliant start to October. I'm still learning what I missed as I catch up with birders I meet on patch. Unfortunately I was unable to get out during the peak of the fall. I have had to make do with picking up scraps that were left behind once the 'cream' had departed.

I did catch up with a few Goldcrests, Blackcaps and this Garden Warbler.

Hopefully I'll get a chance if the forecast for this weekend is good.


Fungus sp?



Of course patch birding has its consolations. Greenfinches love these rosehips. Water Rails easily observed following the reed-cutting. A trickle of Whooper Swans along with many more Pink-footed Geese and Barnacle Geese. Jays, Treecreepers and Great Spotted Woodpeckers becoming more showy along the North of the reserve.




Dragonflies enjoying the sunny spells. This Southern Hawker allowed a close inspection.



Southern Hawker (above)
Common Darter (below)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment