Thursday 29 September 2016

Blustery and Rosy!


Yesterday I snapped this Hawthorn Shieldbug at the Budge Screen, Druridge.





After some early shopping I stopped at Cresswell to find it disappointingly quiet. Although the Wheatear and a Juv. Avocet were nice.


On to Druridge and a Spotted Redshank was back, sheltering beside a Greenshank. So back home, unpack the shopping, coffee and decision made; head for Wooler. I hadn't bothered so far because I didn't fancy peering into gardens looking for a bird, but when I was told that wasn't necessary it changed my mind.


When I finally got to the site (after visiting various farms and cottages in the 'real' Roseden),  (Thanks ACo for the correct directions!) it was very windy ... and the bird didn't appear for over an hour. It finally put on a fabulous  show just after a couple from Holy Island arrived (they only had a five minute wait  ..  grrr).


A very distinctive bird and the supporting cast of Tree and House sparrow, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Siskin, GSW and Common Starling kept me busy while I waited.





So being nearby I headed for Holy Island to catch the rising tide.


A great move as I saw: 12 Greenshank, 1 Spotted Redshank, 2 Ruff , Pink-footed Geese and ots of Brent Geese. Terrific!


I also spotted this in Roseden which I think is Fox and Cubs .. must check it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment