Sunday 8 November 2015

Gloomy Days ... Brightened by Nature




The poor light means many grey looking photos but still lots to keep up the interest. Redwings and Woodcock still arriving.





Whoopers trickling in but very few juveniles accompanying them.





This preening Snow Bunting was one of the rewards of scouring the beaches in the rain.


Still Goldcrests around the Country Park, probably most will overwinter. The Marsh Harrier (ad female) is still lingering in the bay.


When the weather forces me indoors my bird feeders are a source of entertainment. House and Tree Sparrows the main visitors. This magnificent Sparrowhawk kept me amused for over 15 minutes as it went under and over the hedge no doubt wondering where the sparrows had gone.






Even these bright yellowhammers look dull in the current spell of weather.


I have been checking the waders at Newbiggin looking for colour-ringed birds without success. I did however come across this Black-headed Gull (2XHV). It is probably  Scottish bird but I'm still waiting for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment