Thursday 15 January 2015

North Shields and some more Oldies


Watching the weather forecast an I decided it might be a good idea to visit NSFQ.



Lots of boats in but only two Icelands on show.



Back to my clear out and I found this.


In 1983 I struggled to identify the birds in this booklet and never sent off an entry. I tried again and still made schoolboy errors. I think I would have solved the problem with today's internet at hand.



I assumed the pale wing bar/panel meant this was Willow Tit, but no it was in the solution as Marsh Tit. I must try and take more care when observing these in future.


In BB December 1984 this advert, £195 for a scope and one with 'Unalloyed Pleasure', not something Swarosvki seem to offer.
;-)

In the same issue there were photos of Slender-billed Curlew in Yemen. Interesting (see yesterday's post)!

No comments:

Post a Comment