Saturday 6 July 2013

Lucky Me


An interesting moning dodging the twitchers. Plenty to see family parties of pipits, stonechats and groppers being stalked by a couple of stoats.


Late morning I settled down for a few hours tern watching hoping the Bridled Tern would give me better opportunities for photos. Sadly no sign, Bar-tailed Godwit, Greenshank, Wood Sandpiper and 2 Common Sandpipers were among the visiting waders.

News was passed to me that the Tern was at Saltholme. Oh well, I must be one of the luckiest people to get it on my patch. One of the visitors from the Hull area was very interesting to talk to and I guess  his journey home would take him past the Tern without the journey being totally wasted. Good Luck to all the other birders queueing  at Cresswell. Bad luck IR, out of mobile range when it visited his patch last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment