Friday 15 May 2020

Relaxed Restrictions ...


Red Clover


Well there is nothing relaxing about lifting restrictions. I can see the joy and relief on visitors to the coast this week but I feel it is a little premature. It has me more tense/fearful than ever. So if you see me out and about and I avoid you, head in the opposite direction or keep the conversation very brief I do apologise but I need to protect myself.


Hairy Tare


Cinnabar Moth


Small Copper


Checking out the Hawthorns for insects I came across this larva. It turns out it is the larva of a Yellow-tail (Moth). I also noted from my field guide the hairs can cause irritation. (Glad I didn't touch it.)


Speckled Wood


Lesser Whitethroat


Willow Warblers






Small Tortoiseshell


Orange-tip


Drinker Moth

This was a particularly small caterpillar. I don't think it will be long before it grows much bigger.


Yellow Wagtail


It may appear that the birds are taking second place. Not so. It is just my walk takes me through some quite varied habitats and there is plenty to look for or in this case stumble across. Sometimes I wonder how I notice things? Luck?


Brimstone Moth


... and back home on the garage door a Garden Carpet. I think I need to get the paint pot out.

No comments:

Post a Comment