Sunday 22 March 2020

Through the Window


Goldfinch



Woodpigeon



House Sparrow





Collared Dove





Jackdaw






Dunnock


Starling



Coal Tit


Tree Sparrow
(background bird)



It is a tricky time. There is plenty to see from my window (phew). Some birds did a no show; Great Tit, Blue Tit, Blackbird, Robin and Wren. I could set up my scope in the bedroom and add to my garden sightings but it might be a little disconcerting for my neighbour ;-) .


I have managed to get outside but only very early and  I head home early before the crowds build up. Challenging but important. It is amazing how many people stop to talk and it feels rude not to respond but I am trying not to get involved in long conversations. I am also not going to use the bird hides from now on. Finally I will not be reporting any rare birds to anyone!


Let us hope this will be over sooner than later.

Take care and Stay Safe!

3 comments:

  1. Nice shots, like you I am self-limiting and it's spring - with migrants and new ticks - a very frustrating time will be had by all birders. Stay safe and keep out of The Drift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like all you'll be posting for the foreseeable future is "from the window pics"

    ReplyDelete