Wednesday 29 March 2017

Long Post (apologies)


Plants have certainly got my brain working. Nothing is as straight forward as I thought. Plants I have commonly assigned a name from a cursory glance at some online images are becoming puzzles I want to solve like a good 'Murder Mystery'.

Please contact me via Twitter if you notice mistakes (there will be many) or ones I have failed completely with, like three below.
@ElliottatChev on Twitter



Nice to get a picture of one of the Twite away from he beach.


The name Grey Heron doesn't do it justice.







14 Scaup together


Green Plover
or
Lapwing
or
Peewit


Early bird catches the fish.
Great White Egret


Alexanders
(Smyrnium olusatrum)



Alexanders is believed to have been brought t Britain by the Romans. Used as a Pot Herb and gives Celery flavour ...(could have made this up of course).




Plenty of interesting stuff at Tynemouth



North Pier on Tyne ... bit foggy!


Quiz number 1

Thanks to CB, this is most likely ...
Siberian Squill
(Scilla siberica)

Apologies to anyone trying to contact me by phone, I've changed number, for a quieter life. Can be contacted via Twitter however.




Quiz number 2




Quiz number 3



I like pants big and bold I can usually ID them.
Butterbur
(Petasites hybrius)




These Collared Doves eve follow me to the garage if I don't put food down for them. They even recognise my car and greet me when I return home.



I think this is the Skylark JA photographed last year. Its damaged beak not a hindrance.



Hoopoe Lark Wannabe


Nice to see Mr Harrier back (although the Crows weren't so welcoming).


Red Dead-nettle
(Lamium purpureum)



Common Mouse-ear
(Cerasium fontanum)

I think?




5 Styles


White hairs on leaves



Sweet Violet
(Viola odorata)

I Think?



Narrow Stipule


Dark Spur

Unfortunately I have little sense of smell so I could use that to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment