Friday 31 March 2017

Duck, Duck DUCK!


 Having resisted the temptation to visit Gosforth and missed my opportunity at Killingworth I was determined to catch up with this super bird when it called in at Silverlink.



Ferruginous Duck





The pictures say it all ...





As Swallow Pond is nearby it would've been rude not to visit. Great to catch up with patch locals and now I'm reacquainted with the site I might not wait another nine years before revisiting.


Dame's-violet
(Hesperis matronais)
A naturalised plant (according to Collins Field Guide flowers from May to July).



Water Pipit
Budge Screen Druridge




Horsetails .. haven't checked ID yet (tonight's homework).


Lots of Lesser Celandine now!






A chance visit to DBCP (Druridge Bay Country Park) and I found this pair of Mandarins.


Stunning!


and Mrs not a bad looking bird either ..


Look no Rings!


No comments:

Post a Comment