Thursday 7 January 2016

ASSUME


Redwing and Redpoll made a good start to my visit to the Country park. Then on the lake a black and white grebe asleep, must be the Slavonian Grebe from Chev.



When I arrived at the boat ramp the bird was swimming towards me and it was no Slav. 

This amazing Black-necked Grebe came right up to the boat ramp. Sadly it was raining and dull so the photos are poor. I returned later as I thought it was brighter, it wasn't and a friendly chap decided to walk to the edge of the water and feed the ducks (chasing the grebe further out).
 Hey ho!


I remember a classic T-shirt worn by our host in Texas a few years ago.

ASSUME
makes an ASS out of U and ME.
How true!

I finished off the day rather early with Scaup and Woodcock at Chev.



No comments:

Post a Comment