Wednesday 16 December 2015

More Water ...


I returned on Monday (14/12/2015) to check on the Water Pipit and found two!

My initial sighting on Sunday was of two pipits but when I returned with CB (Once again thanks Chris for the help with the ID.) one of the two pipits was a meadow pipit. (Three bird theory?)




This is what confused me on my first sighting. The two birds in different light look rather different.


The birds returned to the same area on several occasions and were finding larvae very easily. A lot of people visited the site on Tuesday morning but to my knowledge none of them shared the information.

Poor shot of Dowitcher... but it is still present at Cresswell and at times giving better views through the telescope.


Early morning at Newbiggin


Brent Goose on the Golf Course at Newbiggin.


Kestrel after a bath.


Oh, and another pipit, Rock this time.
The weather was quite remarkable today and the seaweed at Hauxley was teeming with flies. Rock Pipits, Pied Wagtails an Meadow Pipits were making the most of the food supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment