Saturday 27 June 2015

June Birding

Cardinal Beetle
Pyrochrora serraticornis
(commoner form has black head ... coccinea)





Silverweed
Potentilla anserina





Forget-me-not 
Myosortis sp?


False Fox Sedge
Carex otrubae
(Need to check some of my IDs this is common S of England)


Little Egret (ringed Lincolnshire)


Wall Brown
Lasiommata megera




Large Skipper
Ochlodes venatus


Soldier Beetle
Rhagonycha fulva



Tetragnatha (prob extensa)



Nettle Weevil
Phyllobius pomaceus


Nemophora degeerella

Fabulous flight display by these longhorn moths at Drurdge. I wonder how many swatted away the pesky bugs as they visited the hide, not realising their beauty?



Nettle Weevil


I waited patiently for them to land so I could photograph them, they weren't supposed to land on me. No telescope required.




No comments:

Post a Comment