Tuesday 4 January 2022

Here We Go Again

2022

I hope it is a good year for all of you!


I started the year with a few short walks at Newbiggin Bay, Amble Harbour and Hadston. Not much birding done but pleasant walks nonetheless.

My thoughts for the future year. My first resolution is not to find any rare or scarce birds. To keep a number of lists and to be more sociable. (By the way I should say I never keep my New Year's Resolutions.)

Predictions

1 Dartford Warbler in Northumberland
2 Pygmy Cormorant crosses the Channel
3 My predictions fail

Well one is guaranteed ;)


4th January

My first proper birding day of the year and quite a productive one. Jay, Buzzard, Marsh Harrier, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk and a single Redwing.


Chiffchaff
 (only one today and very active)




Kingfisher



Delighted to finally watch it settled at the burnmouth and giving the chance of a few snaps.



If you haven't visited East Chevington it is well worth a visit any month of the year. You are almost certain to top the 50 species mark on one visit with some quality birds. Oh, almost forgot to mention, the Cettis's Warbler was singing also.

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birding in 22. And don't suppress that Dartford Warbler when u find it. I know what you're like !!! LOL

    ReplyDelete