Monday 31 January 2022

Decent Effort


Redpoll

A good large flock of Redpolls flew towards the country park (c100). I tried to find them to check for snowballs in amongst them. Sadly I failed to find the flock, let alone a snowball. I did find this loner near my car when I returned to the dunes.


Newbiggin-by-the-Sea

Fed up with terrible photos of the back of this couple I decided it was time to make the effort. Camera in a clear plastic bag and wetsuit on I headed out for a swim. Quite pleased with the result.


Wobbly Trees

Created by a diving Goldeneye.



Goldeneye




Warkworth Castle

Should look good when they get the roof on it. A pleasant walk along the river failed to turn up either Night Heron or Belted Kingfisher.

A quick estimate of the species seen at East Chevington and DBCP brought a decent 115 total. Add to that Spoonbill (Castle Island), Water Pipit (Newbiggin) and Smew, Red-necked Grebe, Slavonian Grebe at Widdrington Moor Lake, it made for a decent month.

Highlight was seeing two Treecreepers in the same field of view at East Chevington.


OK, no wetsuit required.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment