Thursday 18 March 2021

Anticipation


This is probably a 'Carlsberg' time of year. Probably the best?


Winter birds hanging on. This Redpoll checking a few old stems of Rosebay Willowherb.


Sky Dancing and Nest Building


Early Spring Flowers



Ladybird


Rooks

This rookery declined in the last few years but it looks to have picked up and plenty of activity this Spring.



OK, I know everyone is posting pics of these magnificent birds. There are lots to see at the moment and judging by the pellets in the hides they seem to be feeding well. A very close encounter again with one I startled in the hide. I ducked so it could fly over me and out of the doorway.

One morning this week I had sightings of 3 Barn Owls, 2 Marsh Harriers, 2 Kingfishers, 1 Water Rail, 2 Buzzards, 2 Sparrowhawks, Kestrel and a singing Cetti's Warbler. Add that to 30+ other species and I can't really complain (but I do).


Lambing seems a little later this year in the bay.



Ruddy Shelduck



Scarlet Elf Cup
Sarcoscypha coccinea

I think that is what this is?

I think I might take my telescope with me next walk. Think I may have missed one or two good seabirds by not taking it with me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment