Wednesday 20 April 2016

Rocking and a Reeling


My first Grasshopper Warbler was heard reeling yesterday (19/04/16) but didn't give brilliant views. Today the same bird came close but stayed hidden from the camera (above)

However further around the South loop this bird (below) was more obliging. Although getting the bird in focus was a bit trickier. As my first 20 or so images would show. 





Yes a bit rubbish but an early swallow pic is obligatory on my blog.


A rather washed out Linnet

I finished the day with a walk around Newbiggin and the only bird of interest was a Chiffchaff with a call reminiscent of Iberian Chiffchaff but after three bursts it stopped singing altogether. Finally a stop at Cresswell North car park was fortuitous as I stumbled on a female Common Redstart (having failed to connect with STa's bird at Lynemouth yesterday).

No comments:

Post a Comment