Sunday 23 February 2014

Avocets Return


Half-term holiday in February is rarely very exciting, but looking back at my posts there was plenty to keep the interest going. I think it is all a matter of choosing sites to make the most of the weather and regular visits to local patches will always pay off, as my trip to Cresswell Pond showed this morning. 2 Avocets, no doubt the first of many in the county this year.






Yesterday I noticed a freshly killed Barn Owl just North of Widdrington Village, as I headed for Bamburgh. On my return  thought I'd better check it to see if it had a ring. I know IR rings Barn Owls in the area. Well it was ringed (see above) IR denies responsibility (for the ringing) so I've sent details to BTO but I know they'll be  tad slower than my contacts in Norway ;-)  .

No comments:

Post a Comment