Sunday 24 November 2013

Time Running Out



Woodcock on the cliff top (Lynemouth) Friday night started the weekend nicely.

Saturday started with Merlin, 3 Kestrels, 2 Buzzards and a Sparrowhawk. 2 LT Ducks on Ladyburn and a scattering of typical winter wildfowl. IR's text had me checking the dunes at Bell's farm for the Hooded Crow but just as the afternoon lethargy was creeping in a jolt from the electric fence had me alert once again and the mixed finch flock (inc 40 Twite) was carefully scrutinised.

Sunday promised little new and the highlight was a Little Egret in the ditch north of Bell's Farm. The sea was checked several times but most movement was too distant. BB was on the trail of the Hooded Crow but failed to connect. Checking the news late afternoon, I noted a Pomarine Skua reported at East Chev, a bird I hoped to connect with, followng the strong winds on Friday.

Oh well ... the chance of reaching 200 (5 to go) looks less likely now .. Hey Ho :-(

Happy Birding to those visiting Kenya next week .. I'll try my best to find somehing good while you're away :-) !

No comments:

Post a Comment