Tuesday 4 April 2023

Always Look on the Bright Side


Ladybird


Pied Wagtail

Spring birding can be so frustrating. News from Holy Island that a good fall of common migrants had taken place and yet I searched from Tyne to Wear and saw no sign of a fall. Later in the evening more migrants turned up along the Lincolnshire coast.


Ragwort


Robin

I was even struggling to get my photo for the day.


Rook

Haven't seen many Rooks around my new patches. Maybe I haven't been looking closely enough.


Goat Willow

Just to dampen my spirits news of a Bluethroat on 2nd April at Newbiggin had me cursing. (Well done AMc, nice find.)

How to lift the mood then. A quick chat with PW on the Leas and I made the decision to check Trow Quarry. A good decision!





Firecrest






 

No comments:

Post a Comment