Thursday 23 February 2023

Photo Challenge ... update


Barn Owl

Great to see a pair of Owls hunting successfully. Even though the Kestrel robbed one of their catches they were still finding plenty of voles.


The photo challenge turns up some odd choices. I went out to photograph the returning Razorbills, got my photos and then came across this Glaucous Gull. Well, I had to post the Glaucous Gull because I can always go back another day and snap the Razorbills.


I am saving some of the common birds for next winter.


Today I went back for the Razorbills but they were in the shade and many had left the cliffs and were feeding offshore. I then spotted a Meadow Pipit and got a lovely picture. Photo sorted for today, No! Later I saw this Grey Wagtail and decided to post this today because I can  photograph a Meadow Pipit almost any day of year.



Razorbills

Soon to be my photo of the day.


Roe Deer


Skylark


Wigeon


Winter Aconite (?)


Yellowhammer

I think I'll have a week of plants next week to save more of the common birds for a later day (unless of course I see a rare/scarce bird).

Gull Update

The Herring Gull (see last blog post) was ringed at a landfill site in Yorkshire and the Mediterranean Gull was ringed in Poland.


Meadow Pipit



 

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work. I was over last week on our traditional dawn to dusk. Link below:
    http://bangorwestndcp.blogspot.com/2023/02/a-trip-to-england.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Glad you still look at the blog.

    ReplyDelete