Friday 2 December 2022

December


Sunrise


December

I guess a lot of people will be focusing on Gulls this month. Plenty of regular sites on my new patch for finding 'White-wingers'.


Parks and Woodlands will be worth checking for finches and tit flocks. The walk to the Academy pools were quite productive yesterday a Treecreeper and plenty of Bullfinches on show. I bet there is a wintering Blackcap and Chiffchaff to be found.


I have been all over the patch this week; Roker Park, Marina and Beach. Shields Pier and beach, Whitburn (managed to see the Hume's Yellow-browed Warbler), Boldon Flats and Seaham blast beach.


 05/10/2021

This Rock Pipit was found on 21 November and was still present today 2nd December. Orange ring UES. It was first ringed 05/10/2021 Lista Fyr, Norway.



A trip to Saltholme was very productive with 3 different Marsh Harriers on view, Peregrine, Merlin, Sparrowhwk and Kestrel. Plenty of wildfowl to sift through and I'm pretty sure I saw a Green Sandpiper in flight (Not that unusual as there are a few which overwinter in Northumberland each year.).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment