Wednesday 7 September 2022

Just Starting

 


Well this was a nice early surprise. Found by MH at Whitburn. When I arrived 30 minutes later there was no big twitch so I enjoyed great views of this bird catching Bees and preening all under the watchful eyes of Whitethroats and a very brave Wren.






The weather has been brilliant this week with easterlies and showers. Although it is still early the expectations were high. Fortunately a scattering of common birds saved the week. Now I'm hoping it will pick up further this weekend.





After seeing my first at Newbiggin this year, suddenly they were everywhere. A group of 7 on the mound (Trow) and 3 in the quarry (Trow) made them appear quite common.




Struggled to catch up with these also but now in the last few days I've seen probably 5 different birds.


Pied Flycatcher



Lesser Whitethroat





Garden Warbler

Siskin and Greenfinch today, several Wheatears, Common Whitethroat, increased numbers of Robins and a few misidentifications by me add to the spice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment