Tuesday 26 April 2022

Farewell

Grasshopper, Reed and Sedge Warblers back on patch. Blackcap, Common Whitethroat and Lesser Whitethroat also present.

So my last visit (for sometime) to East Chevington was bittersweet. I will miss the patch and all the friends I have made in Northumberland, as I received my passport so I can head south across the Tyne to start a new patch. A rather large one which I have decided to name 'Tyne2Tees'.


My old patch sent me off with a magnificent  present. This amazing Male Black Redstart above in the gloomy early light (06:30 ish)


Then on the way back from my walk it was a little brighter and some slightly better images were obtained.




I will be back!


I will rename this blog and update you on my new adventures. 'Good Birding' to all those who continue to birdwatch in Northumberland and please don't find too many rarities at East Chevington.

 

3 comments:

  1. That's a canny bird to send you off with !!! Hope to bump into your good selff sometime again soon and thanks VERY much for the advice, tips and info over the years. You've helped to improve my birding skills (cough cough) sooo much. Always enjoyed the craic. Hope you can eek out a good patch with not too many humans and NO dogs ! Nooooo chance these days, sadly. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. Thank you for all your wise words too. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gutted!! No more inside information when we pop over to Crammy and Druridge. Thanks for all the posts which kept me in the loop. Onwards and upwards to the new patch and some cracking birds. Suspect you might make the odd visit back??

    ReplyDelete