Tuesday 22 June 2021

Variety ..


Tufted Duck


Spoonbill (juvenile)


Ringlet



Lesser Meadow Rue


Sea-milkwort



Twayblade




Kidney Vetch


Four-spotted Chaser


Painted Lady




Emperor

Do they ever stop flying?



A Battle ... wow. This was amazing to watch. Looked like one male was trying to drown the other. The clatter of wings and splash in the water was amazing to hear. Wish I had chosen to use the video on my camera. Next time?



Meadow Brown


Broad-bodied Chaser (m)



Mammal group discover giant hamster colony in dunes and quickly provide them with a suitable exercise wheel.


Brimstone Moth

(A nice garden find whilst picking Gooseberries!)

 

2 comments:

  1. I believe your uncaptioned photo of the group of tiny nymphs in the grass are early instar Spiked Shieldbugs (Picomerus bidens). Well spotted, they're not easy to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was planning to check but you saved me.

    ReplyDelete