Monday 12 April 2021

Cold and Colder


Treecreeper

A week of very cold mornings but warm sunny afternoons. A real mixed bag of sightings. Singing Blackcaps and Willow Warblers, Two Great-spotted Woodpeckers in the dune bushes, Singing Cetti's giving super flight views, a strong movement of Swallows, Lesser black-backed Gulls, Little Ringed Plovers and the ever reliable Shorelark.



Twite

Still good numbers in the dunes and starting to develop the lovely pink feathers.



The occasional new Wheatear appearing.


Little Egret



Snipe


Marsh Harrier

A second male and a terrific bird. A total of 5 different birds seen last week.


Lapland Bunting

When I got the message about this bird I was close by. However when I reached the road it was lined with cars. I decided to head home instead. (A bit anti-social, I know.)

This  morning I walked down the road and had this and the Shorelark all to myself (Big Grin!)





Yeah you can add your own caption! (Not in the comments box please.)



Ruff

These birds are colouring up nicely (NB Fuzzy line in middle of photo due to barbed wire fence.)



Little Owl

Only my second sighting of this bird for 2021.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment