Saturday 28 September 2013

All Gone ..... ?

News of a Yellow-browed invasion mid-week meant a frustrating wait for the weekend. Out at 06:45 to Chev (a bit too early) however a walk to Hadston and back and my worst fears were to come true. No birds of note apart from 2 Yellow Wags still at Hadston.

IR texted to say he was at Druridge and had heard a YBW. I decided to persevere with Chevington and the last big willow suddenly came alive with birds. Reed, Garden and Yellow-browed Warblers; accompanied by a Lesser Whitethroat.

On to the burn and another fed on the sunny side of the bracken dune. When I arrived at Druridge IR had just released a YBW, shortly after, he caught a second (my third of the day) and when I later walked from the Ponteland hide a further two were calling but not seen. Phew!

East Chev still alive with Geese and Waders. 7 Barnacle Geese were new and 2 Sandwich Terns.





No comments:

Post a Comment