Monday 30 January 2023

January Joy


Coot

Icy morning at the Academy Pools, Sunderland.


Red-throated Diver

This one approached close to the pier at Roker. Must make the effort to try and snap a summer plumage bird. (Trip to Scotland necessary.)


Redwing

These have moved back to the coastal parks in small numbers. Two large flocks of Fieldfare were around Widdrington Village yesterday.



Reed Bunting

Still plenty of common birds to keep my photo challenge going.


Hazel

Male and Female flowers. This was the only non-bird photo in my challenge. Couldn't resist it. So easily overlooked.




Robin


Seal


Oh no!

Sparrowhawk with Starling. Amazingly this one escaped. This was at Newbiggin.



Water Pipit

Newbiggin


Firecrest (above) Goldcrest (below)


Yes on my third attempt, i was treated to 5 minutes of fast and furious feeding by the Firecrest. It then disappear into the undergrowth and didn't reappear.


Didn't think I would get any decent photos as it was whizzing around the bushes, very close.



Then I looked back and I found these two pics and I'm very happy with them.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment