Tuesday 19 November 2019

Another Day, Another Beach


The plan this week was to search some of Northumberland's beaches looking for Wheatears. Monday I started at Warkworth, then on to Amble, Hauxley, Cresswell and Chevington.


Knot

Of course it's not such a bad idea because there are always waders to watch.



This morning it was on to Sandy Bay (while my car was in the KIA garage for a service). A couple of Chiffchaffs hweeting and plenty of Bullfinches.


Robin


Merlin

This bird was hunting along the clifftops at Spittal Point. Plenty of Skylarks in the stubble field and a dodgy cliff path kept me busy.


I met Sta on the way back to the garage and he let me know about a Waxwing flock nearby. (See post below.)


Bar-tailed Godwit

On to Newbiggin.


Grey Plover


Curlew


Snow Bunting

Tomorrow another beach visit is planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment