Thursday 3 January 2019

Happy New Year



Happy 2019



Red Dead-nettle


Amazing how many different plants can be found in flower at this time of year.


Yarrow


Daisy


Red Campion


Winter Heliotrope


Red Valerian



Jackdaw


Amble


Turnstone


Mediterranean Gull


Surfing on the River Tyne


The Groyne (South Shields)


Today I did my first proper birding of the year. I decided to close my Twitter account this week (apologies to my few followers). It does make it a bit more difficult to pass on my sightings but I will continue to inform RBA of any scarce/rare birds I see. Also the general bird sightings will appear on my blog.

So today; a quick, unsuccessful visit to Newbiggin for a Black Redstart. A check of Widdrington Moor to see if the Smew was still present. It was. Then my usual patch (East Chevington) visit. Highlights: Pintail (drake), Long-tailed Duck (flew North), Jack Snipe and Kingfisher. All the usual  commoner birds on show. Finally a visit to Warkworth to see the four Shorelarks on the saltmarsh.

A decent enough day (-;

No comments:

Post a Comment