Sunday 1 July 2018

Bugs in the Bay

A small selection of the insects I photographed in the bay last month.


As June is relatively quiet on the birding front I decided to focus on bugs and botany. I also thought I would upload records to the iRecord database.


After hours searching the internet I came to the conclusion that this was 'Coastal Silver-Stiletto Fly', (Acrosathe annulata). I duly added it to the database but got a rather sarcastic comment about my identification. So I've decided not to report any more observations to iRecord.



Dark Green Fritillary



Red Admiral



Meadow Brown



(Eristalis intrcarius)




Narrow-bordered Five-spot Burnet


Four-spotted Chaser
(Great to see but unable to photograph three Emperor Dragonflies at the same spot.)


Small Tortoiseshell


Beautiful China-mark 
(20+ of these at one site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment